<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Hello everyone. We had a little more action today and last night, but first I have some good news. My information on yesterday's events was wrong. At first they said there were American casualties but it ended up that there were none. Unfortunately some Iraqi civilians were hurt and I'm sure they or at least some of them had nothing to do with the attack, so that is still misfortune. But I'm sure that you all are glad that there are no American casualties, neither injuries nor deaths.
Last night we had a firefight. I say we meaning the army, I was not included. We watched from our tents as flares were sent up and all we could hear were gun fire and mortars. It lasted maybe 5 or 10 minutes and then it was all over. This afternoon there were more rocket attacks on the front and back gates. Why so much action lately you may ask. The reason is because (maybe yesterday) or sometime in the last week was the 1 year anniversary of when the war started. I know it doesn't seem like it was that long ago, but it was. It has now caused the rebels to attack more often, but thankfully, not any reported American casualties yet, at least for this camp. So thank you for your prayers, I know they are working. I believe they are.
I'm sorry for the way the last post came off. I didn't mean to sound morbid nor did I want to sound like no one was appreciative of our service. All of you have been nothing but supportive of me and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you all again for your support and keep the prayers up. God bless.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?