<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Hey everyone. So I'm here, it's hot, and I’m ready to head north. So far we've done nothing but make sure we can get our butts out of here and where we're supposed to be. We have to go to a range and re-zero our weapons before we can go, so today we did a recon of the site...oh yea, the guy who lead us got us lost and we spent 3 hours looking for a place that was 50 minutes away. Fun fun fun. But hey, it got done and now we can zero on Saturday. The living conditions are the same but I've gotten used to them, I think they do that so now when I get to where I’m supposed to go it HAS to be better (hopefully). Today it was over 100 degrees. It’s winter here. In the summer it gets around 150 or so. So I’m really looking forward to that. And that "the heat isn't as bad" rumor.... lies. 100 degrees is 100 degrees, and I’m not looking forward to that. We finally found out where and when we're going, but I can't let you all know right now. But again, once I get there, ill let you all know how it's going. I can tell you that it is not Baghdad. Lets see, what else. Oh I got a lot of e-mails this time and I appreciate every single one of them, thanks for your notes on this site and your e-mails, they are all appreciated. Kind of like getting mail :) Speaking of which, ill have a mailing address for you all as soon as I get where we're supposed to be. So keep checking and that should be up in a week or so. Well all, I hope you're doing well, and I look forward to seeing you all in a year. Pray for peace and thanks for your support.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?