<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Monday, March 15, 2004

Well, most of you will be happy to know that these last couple of days have been completely eventless. I'm going to make an attempt to make this site a little more professional by correcting my grammer and spelling. I still can't spell, but I am going to at least make an effort. Anyway, the like I said, I have been so bored the last couple of days that I'm starting to read. Yea, that's bored. I went to a little gift shop here and finally found the transformer I needed to convert the power here, so at least now I can use my electronics. That's a little better. Tommorrow we're going to start doing a little job training and by the end of the week, we should be where we're going to be for the rest of our little stay here. That'll be nice because a) I can finally find out what it's going to be like and b) I can finally start unpacking and stop living out of a bag. That'll be very very nice. Any of you who have been on any kind of travel w/ me know how much I hate living out of a bag. So I'm really really looking forward to it. Well, like I said before, eventless eventless eventless. So I guess that's it. I will instead leave you with a song that I wrote a while back.

"While I'm Gone"

The heat is in the air
It penetrates my bones
The sand is in the sky
Feeling scared and all alone

But I know that my best friend is standing strong at my right hand
And my family's praying
And I know that one true love is sitting heavy in my heart (that's you Amy :)
And you'll never leave me

(Chorus)
And I know that you'll be right here waiting for me
Waiting paitently for my return, my return
Neither sands of time nor land could tear us apart
And I know that you'll be praying for me, While I'm gone.

The beating of my heart
Is drowned out by the wind
The eyes of God look down from the sun
As the waves rise from the land

And I can't pretend that I'm not scared as my feet hit the ground
My knees struggling to hold me up
And I can't pretend that I don't miss the ones I left behind
But your prayers will fill my soul

Chorus again

At home I know you worry
About my future and my fate
And while I can't promise my return
I promise to find my faith

Cause God I Know You're looking down on me from above
Even though I don't talk to You like I should
And every day my faith gets harder and harder to trust
But I'll find you again
(words and music written by Mitch Meadows Jan 2004)

That's something I wrote and finished before I left. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for your prayers and thoughts for me and the other soldiers. It is greatly appreciated. God Bless

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?