<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Monday, April 12, 2004

Greetings everyone. So good news. The attacks have slacked off a lot. I didn't hear any today at all. Doesn't mean that it's over, but for the time being, we have gotten our communications back up. They shut down communications because if a soldier is wounded or killed, they quit all out going information until they can reach the next of kin. This way a parent or a husband or wife doesn't hear about their loved ones over the news or through the grapevine. Now that things are back up, I will try to call whenever I can. The ones I call should know though that with a week without communications, it will be hard to get on the phone until the stir of everyone telling their loved ones they are alive still dies down. But I will call when I can. We also are getting no supplies in the base because of the attacks on the road. We are starting to run out of hot chow, water, and just about everything else I can think of, including mail. We're not getting that either. Hopefully it will start rolling again soon or we'll be taking baby wipe showers. Yuck! But everything else is ok. I will come back and update when I can. God bless you all.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?