<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Friday, May 14, 2004

Hey guys. Things here are not that bad. I think I'm getting used to it or something, because the heat, although hotter, doesn't seem to bother me much anymore, and the work, although harder, doesn't seem to bother me anymore. I wanted to throw a heads up that I just found out. It's kind of bad. I just found out that they are having troubles with the R&R program. There's a chance that not all of us are getting to come home for that two weeks. Now the bright side is that it SHOULDN'T mess with the lower enlisteds (i.e. me) and because I'm taking mine so late in the year, I SHOULDN'T be messed with. That's what I'm hoping for at least. So I thought I would throw that out but keep your hopes up. George received my CD with all the pictures so there should be some good ones of the convoy up now. Scary times, but we got through them OK. Now just have to finish up and come home. Well, nothing is really new, mail is coming in regularly and it's getting hotter and hotter and hotter. Other than that, pretty quiet. We have heard some controlled blasts from some explosives that EOD found on the camp that hadn't gone off, but we really haven't been attacked in a while. So quiet is good hopefully. Well, God bless you all and thank you for your support.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?