<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Hey everyone. Another day gone and one more closer to me getting to go home. Not much new happened today, we have to go in early tomorrow because they put the camo netting that they are using for shade upside down, so now I guess we get to fix it. Oh well, so much for sleeping in a little. There was an impact about 0500 this morning. It woke me up, but it was pretty far away. I think they said it was on the ICDC (or Iraqi Soldier) side. Not sure about casualties if any. I don't really even respond to them anymore unless they are close enough to shake me. Then I like to see where they hit. Other than that it doesn't bother me anymore like it used to. It's not like worrying about it is going to make me safer anyway, it's hit or miss. But thank God, it's been really really quite as compared to some of the other camps around here. Last year this camp was the most mortared camp in Iraq. We got to see why the first couple months, but now we have civilians on parts of the fences and they don't have to follow the same rules we do, so they shoot at everything. That causes the insurgents around here to second guess whether or not they want to risk their lives to mess with us, and I guess they don't come around. I'm not complaining. Well, I guess that's it, I hope you all are doing well, drop me a line every once in a while, and God bless you all for your prayers and support. Peace.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?