<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Hey everyone. I don't have much to report except that I am moving back to distribution for a week while the others train up here at the post office. It'll be nice doing the job that I enjoy again, even if it's just for a week. Convoys are coming now at staggered times, so now we have to be there sometimes during the day, sometimes during the night. It's all depending on when they show up. We have to be there tonight at 9:00 pm even though we've been working here since 0730 this morning. So when I get off, I'm getting some sleep. We had an explosion late last night, but I just found out this morning that it was a controlled blast. So no harm done. I had my cousin post two more websites similar to mine there on the right hand side of the screen. SPC Allen is a soldier in my unit here working with me that started one up for her family, so you guys can see the same thing I'm going through in different eyes. SPC Oxford is a friend of mine for Appstate who is deployed with the 1450th Boone, NC Transportation unit assigned to Kuwait. They do convoys up to Iraq periodically so he will probably have some interesting stories on there. Well, I don't have much more to report. Hope all is well and thank you so much for your prayers and support. God bless.

EDIT: What was I thinking? I wanted to say happy daddy's to all of the fathers out there. Especially the ones that have been separated from their children by this conflict be it because they are over here or because their kids are over here. And extra especially to my two fathers. My father and my step-father. Both of you have been a great inspiration to me, you taught me my morals, my work ethics (which I found out not many people have anymore) and you two are what I am striving to be when I get my own family. Thank you so much for what you have given to me and what you have instilled in me. God bless you both and Happy Father's Day. I love you both.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?