<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Hey everyone. So a few new things happend yesterday. First of all I visited the pool for the first time. We have had an outdoor pool here for about a month now and I just now got to trying it out. It's pretty nice. They have managed to grow a little bit of grass there, and they surrounded it with a grass/hey like fence, so you can actually forget you're in Iraq altogether. It was probably the most fun I've had, or at least the most peace of mind I've had since I got here. So it was nice. Then at 1900 we had what was called a "mass casualty drill." I know what you're thinking, what a horrible name. And I agree. But it was the exercise we went through so we would know what to do in the event that we started getting hit really really hard or they started overrunning the gates and fences. Seems kind of fishy that we started these drills exactly one week before the change over of the new government, but oh well. Wish us luck. At least now we know what to do. Well, I guess that's it, not much else new. Hope all is well and I'll talk to you guys later. God bless.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?