<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Hey everyone. Last night was cool. My first night in my guard position. I got to use my night vision scope on my rifle to check out the scenery. It's a pretty cool system but much too heavy for the weapon. It's alright if you have a fixed position and you can lay your rifle on some sandbags or something and just pivot, but for carrying around it's completely inefficient. But I'm in a fixed position so it won't be that bad. Last night we had some outgoing rounds that scared everyone. It was kind of funny because for a while only a couple of us knew that they were outgoing, everyone else thought they were incoming. They really do sound the same if you're like me and you don't know what to listen for. But our lieutenant is Field Artillery so he is always on top of it. I got some good news today. Since we switched up here to the post office, there are too many people here. So they are going to let me go work at the motorpool with my fellow mechanics until we switch back to distribution. So I finally get to learn some more stuff about what I actually joined the Army for, hang out with my friends, and get my hands dirty for the next 3 months. The hours are horrible (0400 - 1200) but at least I'll have the day to sleep. Alright, well that's it. I hope all is well, I love you guys and thank you so much for your support and prayers. God bless.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?