<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Hey everyone. So I'm back from Balad and it was a horrible experience. Well, it started out really cool. We got to ride on a Chinook on the way up there, completely eventless (which you all know I like) so it made for a great ride. We got there, got bedded up and woke up the next morning and practiced and got ready for the show. When we got there we were surprised to find out that it wasn't a talent show. It was a remake of the old Apollo show. So people were getting booed off stage. I say people meaning EVERY SINGLE PERFORMER after the first person got booed. That's right. Everyone got booed after the first. Some stuck it out, some had friends in the audience that stood up and told everyone to shut up and others just left. So when we got one, the female that we had singing for us, Spc Lahner, decided to tell the crowd off before we started and she called them all evil. Needless to say we got booed right off stage. I was a little upset at first because I had never been booed off of a stage before, but then I said forget it and moved on. Now they are having open mic nights here every Friday so I'm going to do that instead. The ride back was just as fun, and now I can say I've ridden in a Blackhawk and a Chinook. Other than that, things are normal. No attacks here I know of. We had a couple in Balad, but that's normal there. I'm glad I don't live there. Ok, well it's lunch time so I have to go eat. I love you all and miss you all. God bless all of you and I hope you all had a great 4th of July. Peace

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?