<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Friday, August 27, 2004

Hey everyone. So it's gotten pretty hectic around here for the last 3 or 4 days. We've had attacks almost everyday for the last couple days. Yesterday, one hit RIGHT beside where we used to live. And when I say right beside, I mean 20 feet. We had three friends from another unit sitting there drinking coffee when the round came in. Luckily for them, the round didn’t explode, it only landed. Therefore, they only got dirt in their eyes instead of shrapnel. There was one injury that I know of. Another guy that we know was walking by and lost some hearing from the impact. If the round had gone off, it could have killed a lot of people, but we were being looked after I guess. This morning’s round came in on the ICDC side (those are the Iraqi soldiers). I’m not sure about casualties. They also burned off some ammo today in the camp. That’s where they basically take a bunch of ammo and burn it in a fire to destroy it. It made for some great loud noises and a bunch of smoke, so I filmed it. The last thing that’s new is that we’ve started a motor pool productions movie. It’s going to be great. I can’t tell you what it’s about right now, but know it’s going to be hilarious. OK, that’s it. I hope all is well with you all. I’m excited about seeing you all soon. I love you and thank you so much for your support and prayers. They are working. God bless.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?