<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Monday, October 18, 2004

Hey everyone. So another couple days gone and I'm feeling good. I'm still on daily guard duty, not much new there. I got the internet in my trailer for the first time last night. It was great because I was able to use Instant Messenger to talk to some people, so that was nice.

I have another softball game tonight so I'll let you all know how that goes whenever I post again. Hopefully we can pull a win out tonight and make us feel better after last game's loss. We'll see.

Not much else is new. We have a couple guys in Anaconda right now for various reasons, but for the most part, we're all here doing the job that needs to be done and waiting on our replacements to come so we can start packing. I don't mean waiting on them like they're supposed to show up any day, they're supposed to be here in a couple months, but it's exciting to think that it's all winding down for us anyway.

We have an NCO and officer dedicated solely to getting us ready to leave, so we've started the process again. It's basically the same process we went through at Ft. Stewart, only this time we're starting it in Iraq and moving to Stewart.

I guess that's it. Spirits are still pretty high from getting to come home, and knowing I could be home pretty soon. Thanks everyone who reads for taking time to show you care. I miss you all and can't wait to see you all again. God bless and thank you so much for your prayers and support. Peace.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?