<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Hey guys. A few more days down and I got A LOT of packing done. They have given us a two week window of when we should be leaving and it's soon, so that's awesome. They said we needed to be in a situation in the barracks that we would be able to pack in an hour's time to get to the flight line. So that's what I have done. I sent another two boxes of stuff home today and now I'm officially done. The only thing I have left here is military clothes and miscellaneous survival items...toiletries etc.

Here's how it's supposed to work. The main body (me included) will leave and fly down to Kuwait. We will leave a couple behind to make sure our equipment gets loaded up properly. Then they will meet us down there about the same time our equipment (vehicles included) gets there. We will then spend the next couple days cleaning them. After that we put them in a sterile yard and here we come America.

The main body could be in Kuwait for a couple weeks waiting on the vehicles, but I can handle Kuwait. They don't shoot at you there. Once the second smaller group gets to Kuwait we should be there for less than a week. Once we get to the states, we should be in MOB station for just a couple days.

They say it's hardcore get in get out down there, so if you're planning on coming down to meet me at MOB station, you should know that I'm not going to get very much time to visit. Pretty much just the evenings...maybe. But anyone that wants to come down is more than welcome to come. After we get done processing, back home we go and then on to the rest of our lives. Can't wait. So there that is.

Our promotion packets SHOULD be going through the board today, so hopefully I will find something out soon. When I know you will know. I can't really think of anything else to tell you. I thought I had something, but I've lost it now. I appreciate you reading my blog and mostly for your prayers and support. God bless, I'll be home soon.

EDIT: I see a lot of you have listened to "Paper Idols." I appreciate it. I just wanted you all to know that I have a new song up too. It's older but it's the first time I've recorded it. You can go to www.afbmthemovie.com and look at the "Downloads" section to find it. It's called "Sand Song."

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?