<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Operation Iraqi Freedom

My Time

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Hey everyone. First and foremost I just want to apologize for not being on here for the last...however long it was. Nothing happened to me except the pains/pleasures of coming home. So I'll try to fill you in.

I got to Camp Doha from Virginia in Kuwait and that's where I found out that I probably wasn't going to have time to update you guys. Sure enough...no time, no availability of the internet. I got there the day before we left. The next day was full of travel. First to APOD (which is the term we use for the airport), then Germany, then New Jersey, and finally Georgia. I wish it were as easy as it sounded me just typing it, but that was not the case.

Anyway, it really wasn't that bad. The next couple of days in Georgia were filled with long lines trying to demob and start the process of being a civilian again. Great stuff.

Finally, we made it home at about 1:00 pm today. We were met with a couple news crews and plenty of excited family. It was a great process. Now some of the juicy details.

We got home in GA at night and when we stepped off the bus, there was my family waiting on me smiling and holding signs and taking pictures. I smiled and went on inside to get ready for the ceremony. After the ceremony, I hugged my mom and she handed me a ring that I had purchased on leave in September. After that I got down on one knee and asked my girlfriend Amy to marry me. She accepted and it got quite an applause. So now my girlfriend of 3 and a half years is now my fiance.

Here are the pictures from the engagement. http://community.webshots.com/album/266502631NmamMz

I wanted to take a quick second and thank everyone who has followed me this year. It has been a very tough year and whether or not you agree with the reason we are overseas, the American people have been nothing but supportive of the troops and for that I can't thank you enough.

I'm probably not going to keep going with this blog. I may keep it up and blog every once in a while, but it will be nothing like it is now. I am home, but it is bittersweet. We still have soldiers fighting and standing in harms way, so just because I'm home I urge you, don't give up the prayers. There are soldiers, even ones that I served with, that are still there.

I also want to point out that civilians like to thank the soldiers. But as a soldier, I would like to think the combat arms soldiers and Marines. Every day while I was sitting in the motorpool or post office, this guys were face to face with the enemy. I came home with all my friends, most these guys don't. So as a soldier I thank you combat arms from the bottom of my heart for keeping me safe...Thank you and God bless you.

I love you all and I thank you again so much for your prayers and support. This was one soldier's story...God bless.

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?